We have a great opportunity with our client for a long term contract or permanent position. You'll have a the chance to work with a very strong and diverse team which will assist in enhancing your own skills while offering career advancement at the same time. We're targeting individuals who have a a solid combination of both networking and virtualization experience or if you're very strong in one of the areas and have the desire to learn the other side it could be a good fit as well. If interested:
please contact Jeremy Nesper at or Matt Draga at , with your most up-to-date resume, contact information, and availability to speak in more detail.
The Senior Data Center Delivery Engineer supports projects related (but not limited) to data center storage, data protection and virtualization (server/desktop/network). The Sr. Data Center Engineer will be responsible for include designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting customer specific architectures. The position is Federally focused and the engineer will need to operate within a Department of Defense/Classified environment.Key Areas of Responsibility
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Provides Professional Services to include design, planning, and configuration to support the delivery of projects focused around various datacenter technologies.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
- Installation and configuration of virtual environments using VMware (ESXi and Horizon) and Microsoft Windows (MS Server, Active Directory, MS SQL, SCCM)
- Configure networking protocols such as VXLAN on NX-OS within a Cisco Nexus environment
- Install and configure different compute/storage platforms that includes 3 Tier and Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade network infrastructures
- Assist in the management of projects using the company's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer's satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life
Other Required Qualifications
- 7 years of data center experience
- 7 years of Federal and/or DoD experience
- DoD/OPM Top Secret Clearance (TS) Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligible
- CCNA Security or Security+ certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) - Preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification - Preferred
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Certification
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a Department of Defense environment.
- Experience with remediating identified Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) within DoD systems
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Certification
- Experience with troubleshooting Cisco router, network (virtual/physical), compute and storage configurations
- Cisco NX-OS (Nexus) experience
- Experience managing large Active Directory environments
- Experience with deploying new virtual environments from the ground up
- Willing to travel (50 - 70%)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent years of military experience
- CCIE or CCNP Route/Switch certification
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (ONTAP)
- NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer (ONTAP)
- Dell VxRail Certification - Specialist, Implementation Engineer (DCS-IE)
- Experience with VMware Cloud Foundation
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or