Data Architect - Data Migration
New Iron is helping a client retain a Data Architect - Data Migration to complete a project with a Fintech startup.
This is a 3-month contract-to-hire based in Austin.
You will work on specifically carved, time-bound activity of Data migration from our client systems to new production systems.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to be able to plan and deliver a data migration project.
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly collaborative Data Architect, with a strong sense of self-direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems to have a significant impact on a rapidly growing organization!
- Define, plan and document incremental steps for data migration to avoid data regression issues
- Develop, document and communicate concepts and processes used within data migration while contributing to ideas for internal improvements
- Perform data cleaning, preparation, reporting and data analysis
- Perform data migration including data extraction, aggregation and quality checking
- Prepare presentations and summary status reports of ongoing data migration initiatives
- Support of merging and unifying customers data spread over multiple sources and tables into one unified database
- Work with other cross-functional team members to resolve data extraction and/or loading issues
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Architect role
- Experience with designing and administering databases
- Expertise in Data migration/integration or previous transformation and extraction
- Hands-on experience with SQL and PL/SQL technologies
- Technical expertise in data models, database design, ETL Development, and data mining
- Experience related to ETL process using SQL ( Data Cleansing, normalizing, reconciliation and balancing )
- Experience with Data migrations projects using PG/SQL
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Practiced in Agile Environment and comfortable working in a startup
Nice to have:
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.