Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As a Senior Data Engineer you will accelerate growth and transformation of our operational and analytics landscape. You will bring a strong desire to guide team members' growth and develop data solutions that translate complex data into user-friendly terminology. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze, design and build ETL solutions based on business requirement in complex data environment including data profiling/cleansing and transformation
- Experience implementing ETL solution with Informatica IDQ or PowerCenter (V10.X) or Talend (7.X) required
- Experience working with SQL on RDMBS such as Oracle required.
- Experience working with NoSQL database like MongoDB preferred
- Experience with integration with Informatica MDM is preferred
- Experience in integrating messaging and web service as part of ETL solution is preferred
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Five years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Ten years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and modern software engineering practices.
- Strong delivery skills including the ability to determine the software design strategy and methodology to be used for efforts, use automated tests, analysis, and informed feedback loops to ensure the quality and production readiness of work before release, monitor the health of work efforts and that of adjacent systems.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to develop business partnerships and influence priorities by identifying solutions that are aligned with current business objective and closely follow industry trends relevant to domain, understanding how to apply them, and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Strong problem solver who utilizes data and proofs of concepts to find creative solutions to difficult problems involving a significant number of factors with broad implications, reflects on solutions, measures impact, and uses that information to ideate and optimize.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop business partnerships, describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document initiatives in a concise and clear manner, and empathetically and attentively listen to others thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to lead and take action even when there is no clear owner, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .