Remote Senior Data Engineer Contract to Hire Overview:
As a Remote Senior Data Engineer, your focus will be finding trends in data sets and developing next-generation algorithms to make the data useful for projects within our incubator. Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, you will partner with data science, product, engineering, store operations, and legal teams. You will need to be a self-starter with bias for action and excellent communication skills. Together, we will pioneer technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Data Engineer role could be the fit you've been looking for.What You'll Do
Must Haves (Concepts and Tools):
- Join a newly created team as one of the early engineers and have a significant opportunity to make an impact by prototyping next-generation online and in-store inventory experiences.
- Apply business acumen to successfully understand and apply a data strategy roadmap and articulate the vision.
- Lead discovery phases integrating with multiple internal systems and teams to ingest data and identify new ideas to forecast business and operational issues.
- Analyze complex data elements and develop data models that are easily digestible to help the team make best decisions based off the data.
- Write code, create test cases, and proof of concepts. Translate business problems to data related mathematical solutions.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the following:
- Python, JS, Java
- SQL, Oracle, API Integrations
- Practical experience with Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics.
- Success delivering impactful results
- Boundless energy and passion for engineering data used to solve dynamic problems that will shape the future of retail
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or