Green Key Resources is currently in search of a Sr. Data Engineer for a large eCommerce Company in Chicago, IL.
This is a 6-12month Contract position. Candidates must be open to sitting onsite in Chicago, IL M-F.
The Data Engineer will collaborate with various other IT groups, business partners and external service providers and play a key role in the design, development and operations of our new analytics platform.
- Participate in Requirements Gathering: work with key business partner groups (e.g. Product Mgt) and other Data Engineering personnel to understand department-level data requirements for the platform
- Design Data Pipelines: work with other Data Engineering personnel on an overall design for flowing data from various internal and external sources into the platform
- Build Data Pipelines: leverage standard toolset and develop ETL/ELT code to move data from various internal and external sources into the platform
- Support Data Quality Program: work with Data QA Engineer to identify automated QA checks and associated monitoring & alerting to ensure the platform maintains consistently high quality data
- Support Operations: triage alerts channeled to you and remediate as necessary
- Technical Documentation: leverage templates provided and create clear, simple and comprehensive documentation for your development
- Key contributor to defining, implementing and supporting:
- Data Services
- Data Dictionary
- Tool Standards
- Best Practices
- Data Lineage
- User Training
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Strong ELT/ ETL designer/developer
- Strong SQL
- Strong Python
- Structured & unstructured data expertise
- Cloud environment development & operations experience (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Preference for candidates experienced with:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and associated services; e.g. BigQuery, GCS, Cloud Composer, Dataproc, Dataflow, Dataprep, Cloud Pub/Sub, Metadata DB, Data Studio, Datalab, other
- Other important tools: Apache Airflow (scheduler), Bitbucket and git (version control), Stackdriver (ops monitoring), Opsgenie (alert notification), Docker
- Real-time data replication/streaming tools
- Data Modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong team player
Qualified Candidates should send a Word/PDF attached copy of their resume to Scott Gilinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.