Waitr seeks a Sr. Data Engineer.
We're looking for someone who:
- has several years of experience building data warehouses, data lakes, and real-time analytics applications.
- wants to live at the intersection of software engineering and data science
- has hands-on experience in software engineering and you are up-to-date on best practices.
- is excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- can anticipate future data needs for the analytics and craft plans to realize them.
- loves helping mentor fellow engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- has a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- has experience with one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- has experience writing well tested, clean code and building CI/CD pipelines to deliver solutions as quickly as possible.
Now, onto the role of a Sr. Data Engineer. Our highly-caffeinated Engineering Team builds the framework of the Waitr experience one line of code at a time. They maintain all our products, collect data, measure impact, build new features, release improvements, and vet new products to improve our services.
Here's how you'll be spending your week:
- You’ll be maintaining and building new data pipelines
- You'll own the uptime and reliability of our data warehouse (AWS Redshift)
- You'll build high performing and scalable data systems to support multiple internal and 3rd party data pipelines and make the data available as soon as possible
- You’ll contribute to the continued evolution of Waitr’s data stack.