CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
Our Financial client close to Newport Beach, CA is looking for a Contract Sr. Data Integration and BI Report Developer to join a highly skilled team of Developers who are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the company’s databases and data integration (ETL) systems that support business applications and business intelligence for the nationwide company. This is a Senior position to be performed under minimal supervision and direction.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of Information Technology experience with a strong focus on Relational databases, application and data integration (ETL), Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence reporting SSRS.
- 3+ years SQL (Data for Reporting / denormalized, not Data for Application/ normalized), SSIS, SSRS, and nice to have PowerBI
- 5+ years In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / System Development lifecycle- from analysis to UAT testing
- 3+ years working knowledge of integrating applications using APIs/ ability to write SSIS scripts for API calls and connections/ will be required to create some RESTful API’s from scratch themselves and well as consuming existing API to make updates or pull data; understanding of Java micro web framework named Spark highly desired
- 3 years’ strong working knowledge of ETL tools and applications such as Microsoft SSIS
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong working knowledge of T-SQL programming and scripting, as well as optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of C# programming and scripting
- 3+ years Business requirement gathering skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud a big plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, collaboration and technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalence experience, preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Mortgage or Financial market experience highly preferred
Intangible soft skills/ Personality
- Takes Ownership & Accountability with ability to Deliver (in a timely and accurate manner)
- Dependable and Motivated Team Player with initiative and drive
- Flexibility (able to let go of previous experiences and adapt to better methodologies)
- Able to reason and convince with logic and vice versa
- Respectful and professional with a heart for customer service
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with management and end-users to create and evaluate business requirements to support the delivery of effective data solutions and reports.
- Design, develop, optimize, maintain and support ETL processes using Stored Procedures, SQL scripts, C# script and data integration tools such as Microsoft SSIS
- Create technical designs and functional specifications for backend and front-end information systems.
- Participate in the development and testing of database and back-end processes to support system integration and ETL to facilitate the creation and population of repository databases, data marts, and other data integration solutions.
- Design, develop and deploy solutions to support integration with enterprise applications, SaaS applications and other vendor data.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, databases, applications, and procedures as per department policy.
- Support the design, planning, implementation, administration and maintenance of the database and ETL platform.
- Participate in process automation projects by working with users to understand their business process, designing and developing solutions
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Develop standard and ad hoc SSRS reports and PowerBI dashboards based on business requirements
- Conduct unit testing and UAT testing with the business
- Evaluate and improve existing BI Reports and processes
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.