Do you see patterns or opportunities that others don't see? Do you enjoying asking questions and analyzing data to deepen your knowledge? Do you like to challenge historical assumptions and recommend new ways to drive action based on data driven insights? Do you like to find the best way to tackle a problem and share the approach with others?
To make the food people love, we need to make sure we feed our decision makers the right data and solutions at the right time, every time. As a Senior Data Scientist at General Mills, you will apply your strong expertise in machine learning, data mining and information retrieval to design, prototype and build next generation advanced analytics engine and services. You will collaborate with product owners, business partners and other Data Scientists to define technical problem statement and hypothesis to test. In addition, you will develop efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions. In this role, you will:KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop novel ways to help business partners achieve objectives through analysis and modelling
- Think outside the box to identify and test new sources of information that unlock new business value
- Curate and connect external data sets for broad enterprise-wide analytic usage
- Be a storyteller to explain the 'why and how' of your data driven recommendations to cross-functional teams
- Engineer features by using your business acumen to bin, aggregate, pivot or encode data for optimal results
- Utilize machine learning to create repeatable, dynamic, and scalable models
- Have passion to advocate and educate on the value and importance of data driven decision making and analytical methods
- Identify and develop long-term data science processes, frameworks, tools, and standards
- Be a part of the team, collaborate, ask questions, engage, and solicit feedback from other Data Scientists
- Bachelor's Degree required; 6+ years of experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience in Data Science
- Comfortable in basic statistical analysis, modeling, clustering, and data mining techniques to identify trends and insights
- Experience with Python and R, comfortable working with DataFrames
- Ability to incorporate a variety of data sources in an analysis (HDFS, file, database, JSON, HTML, etc)
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Understanding of data warehousing and databases is critical
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Number sense, ability to identify questionable data, dig in and address it
- Exemplary organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Bias for action with ability to deliver outstanding results through task prioritization and time management
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to understand customer needs and deliver solutions in alignment with business needs
- Bachelor's Degree required; Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics preferred
- Experience with machine learning
- Mathematical and statistical background
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and/or Spark
- The preferred location for this role is Minneapolis, MN however remote work-at-home applications within the United States will be considered.
- Relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.