SAIC is seeking an experienced professional to join the National Security Group (NSG).
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Data Scientist to on work on a complex project critical to national security objectives. You will apply your expertise to develop solutions to a wide range of technically challenging classified objectives. Qualified candidates must possess a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph. Key duties/responsibilities:
As a Data Scientist on our team, you will apply your technical expertise, attention to detail, and curiosity to develop actionable intelligence for our customers. You will play a critical role in the development of operational environment assessments.
You will work in a dynamic environment and leverage your experience in data science and data engineering to help manage and execute the ingest (i.e., extract, transform, and load (ETL) operations), parsing, data normalization, database design, as well as data analysis at scale and developing algorithms to find impactful and actionable insights in large data streams. You will need outstanding coding skills, familiarity with Python, database tools, and current data science processes and methodologies.
You will prepare and present briefings on requirements, capabilities, and project status for a variety of audiences, including senior executives; provide operational guidance; and successfully engage with organizations from across the IC and Department of Defense. You must have a strong record of achievement, and ability to work well with stakeholders from various organizations on an integrated, multidisciplinary team. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a BA/BS Degree OR equivalent (4 years of relevant experience may substitute in lieu of degree) and 14 years of experience
- Must have minimum of 10+ years of experience applying data science and data engineering practices
- 10 or more years of experience in the Intelligence Community
- Experience with operational tradecraft, workflows, and policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and effectively problem solve, synthesize large amounts of data/information and to work several tasks concurrently with minimal supervision
- Must have experience communication and briefing skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Must have experience writing and technical editing skills
- Must have experience writing technical intelligence reports
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must have experience coding with Python
My SAIC Benefits.