April 22, 2021
Sr. Data Scientist Job Title:
Senior Data Scientist - Cross-Platform Solutions Location
: Reston, VA About this Role:
Come join us! Comscore is a media measurement company providing multiscreen reporting and analytics with cutting-edge technology to serve clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries. Comscore's data analytics team helps design the intelligent engines that power the company's advanced measurement systems. Through our research, Comscore builds projections that make the massive amount of raw data we take in from screens across the world meaningful and useful for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist to add to a growing team of talented team members. You will be responsible for developing new methodologies and coming up with creative solutions in the media measurement landscape today. You'll have the ability to own your projects from inception all the way to delivering for our clients. Being on a small team you'll also have a great opportunity to make your mark. You'll do so with a talented team of professionals in an interesting, dynamic, and fun work environment. Problems we are solving:
What, where, and when do people watch video content? Which sites and platforms are changing the behavior of consumer video consumption? How and where is traditional TV viewing shifting towards internet connected devices? What is the total audience for publishers with fragmented content across TV, computer, and mobile? How do we build flexible processes to handle the various data sources and reporting needs? About our team:
We're a small but powerful team of data experts. We are multi-disciplined and are exceptional at taking an idea from concept all the way to a fully-fledged solution. We do this by leveraging advanced data science tools and methodologies to be able to "wrangle" massive datasets into meaningful results for stakeholders across the industry. We use tools such as SQL Hadoop, Spark, Scala, cloud-based technologies and more to accomplish these goals. We work with Product Management on what problems to tackle and collaborate with Data Science and Software Engineering teams to create solutions. What You'll Do:
- Collect big data efficiently to build methodologies
- Design and prototype solutions for data processing and methodology
- Improve existing processes and methodologies
- Build, test new features and concepts and integrate into production process
- Collaborate with other data scientists to bring cutting edge data science techniques to our product solutions
- Participate in evaluation of new technologies
- Drive architecture for analytical projects that span across multiple teams and functions
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, and development
- Present ideas and concepts to various audiences with the heart of a teacher to make complex ideas easily understandable
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to bring your data ideas to reality
What You'll Need:
- Maintain and update written documentation of methodologies to accommodate continuous updates and improvements
- Master's degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline and 2-4 years relevant work experience in related field
- Experience with building and validating statistics models. Also supporting deploying of models to production applications.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data
- Experience with SQL Scala, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, R or Python and deep knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to consistently meet data expectations; holds team and self-accountable
- Ability to manage change, course correct, and respond decisively
- Ability to engage with Senior Leaders across all functional departments
- Ability to take on new responsibilities; adapts to change and executes
- Strong machine learning techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of Snowflake or other cloud computing technologies a plus
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies a plus
- Experience in the media measurement space a plus
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.EEO Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.