Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Director of Data Science on this position.
Compensation: Base + Bonus + Options + Sign On Bonus + relo (if applicable)
Telecommute: 3 days/week
Location: San Francisco, CA or Irvine, CA or Denver, CO or Dallas, TX or NYC, NY
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Sr. Data Scientist to utilize their preferred ML techniques and statistical models for a company whose sole business model and financial success is determined by Data.
Be a paramount contributor to the success of a company whose sole business model is based on the accumulation, analysis and selling of Data. This pre-IPO company is already a major player in its industry, is profitable and successful. The company is global, has $2.5 Billion in Revenue, has been realizing significant yearly growth for several consecutive years, has 600+ global employees and is an active philanthropic institution.
We are looking for someone who enjoys making value out of data that directly impacts company success!
The Sr. Data Scientist will be responsible for gaining an understanding of the domain, products and data. Then, the Sr. Data Scientist will participate in the advancement of the Data Science environment to perform ML and complex statistical and mathematical modeling and analysis on voluminous (10+ PB s), complex and dynamic data to retrieve, combine, interact with, explore and visualize data from various sources. Specifically, the Sr. Data Scientist will:
- Work with product development to identify opportunities for leveraging data to develop and enhance mission critical products and drive business strategies and solutions
- Mine and analyze data from various sources to propel optimization and improvement of product development.
- Develop your preferred advanced statistical, Machine Learning techniques, optimization solutions, mathematical models, cutting edge analytical solutions, algorithms, data models and other data analyses capabilities to improve product development that results in a direct impact on company performance.
- Identify new data and product patterns through data mining and communicate those complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization directly to product development teams and company executives
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and technologies
- Again, you may utilize your desired statistical models and ML techniques. The current Data Science team utilizes the Python ecosystem (SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn/Scikit image, NumPy, Jupyter Notebook, Spyder, Seaborn, SymPy, StatsModels, PyCharm), Apache Spark and Airflow running on AWS.
The Sr. Data Scientist reports to the Director of Data Science
- Expert level with the Python ecosystem, i.e., SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn/Scikit image, NumPy, Jupyter Notebook, Spyder, Seaborn, SymPy, StatsModels, PyCharm
- Experience with any ML model development framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras Theano, etc.
- Significant and proven experience with statistical and mathematical modeling, techniques and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for presentation to senior level executives and coordinating across teams.
- Bachelors, Master s and/or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience with any of the following are only a Plus (NOT Mandatory):
- Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka
- Cloud Platforms: AWS (Redshift, Athena, S3, RDS, Firehose, Kinesis, Glue), Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is only a plus
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 4% matching 401K, Stock Options, 2 Weeks PTO, HMO/PPO medical, dental and vision coverage; paid company holidays, flexible spending plans, tuition reimbursement, parental paid leave, meals and a casual work environment.