Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Director of Data on this position.
Note: Until the Covid-19 virus is contained, all work will be performed remotely and interviews will be performed via video.
Company will transfer Visas if necessary
Company will provide full relocation assistance
This is an outstanding opportunity that will allow a Data Scientist to expand their experience by designing and building out a greenfield Data Science Platform and designate and work with cutting-edge technology that has a direct impact on the success of the company.
We are an International, successful, extremely profitable and the largest global privately held Life Sciences company in its technology niche that is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist. The company is privately held, has been in business for 65+ years, has $1+ Billion in revenue, has 5K+ global employees, is extremely profitable and has never laid-off an employee.
We are looking for someone who enjoys making value out of data that directly impacts company success!
The Sr. Data Scientist will be responsible for gaining an understanding of the domain, products and data. Then, the Sr. Data Scientist will design, shape and build the Data Science environment from the ground up to perform analysis on voluminous, complex and dynamic data to retrieve, combine, interact with, explore and visualize data from various sources. Specifically, the Sr. Data Science Engineer will:
- Work with stakeholders and executives to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business strategies and solutions
- Mine and analyze data from various sources to propel optimization and improvement of product development.
- Develop advance data mining tools, machine learning and/or AI techniques, optimization solutions, statistics, cutting edge analytical solutions, algorithms, data models and other data analyses capabilities to improve product development that results in a direct impact on company performance.
- Identify new data and product patterns through data mining and communicate those complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization directly to company executives
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and technologies
- Work with and utilize large volumes of data and extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as R , Python, SciPy, NumPy, SAS, MATLAB, etc. Based on recommendations by the Sr. Data Scientist, implement and utilize Big Data and visualization techniques, tools and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Tableau, etc.) is an option.
The Sr. Data Scientist reports to the Director of Data.
- Experience utilizing a variety of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision tree learning, statistical modeling (GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining), algorithms (MLP, RBF, SVM, or k-NN), regression analysis, simulations, scenario analysis and their real-world advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience with any ML model development frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe, Apache Spark, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Any knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for presentation to senior level Executives and coordinating across teams.
- Bachelors, Master s and/or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience with any of the following are only a Plus (NOT Mandatory):
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is only a plus
- Experience with distributed data/computing or Big Data tools: Sparks Streams, Kafka, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Xplenty, Storm, MongoDB, RapidMiner etc. are only a plus
- Tableau, Pentaho, OpenText, etc. is only a plus
The company offers full benefits including matching 401K (6%), 3 weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, PPO & HMO, Dental and Vision, paid sick days, Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance, Tuition reimbursement, Fitness reimbursement, casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.