Sr. Data Warehouse Architect/Developer
New York, NY
Contract 6-12 months (w probable extension)
Our client is seeking a Data Warehouse Data Architect / Developer defines and designs both solution and application architecture for the enhancing capabilities of an existing Data Warehouse technologies. They will be joining the IT Application Development and Support Department. They will interact with business users providing technical advisory support, review existing platform architecture and resolve current performance issues which exist in cube processing, Data imports, and Drill thoughts. They will also analyze and assess exisitng platform maintanability, reliability, scalability, security, and perfromance. ETL processes experience with large data sets is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another four-year degree with significant IS experience OR equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience delivering Data Warehouse solutions
- 10+ years in Microsoft technology SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, C#, .Net technologies
- 4+ years serving as a Data Warehouse architect with a demonstrated track record of implementing highly scalable and available solutions into a highly transactional production setting
- Data Warehousing & ETL
- Significant data warehouse experience from planning, to design, to implementation.
- Experience of designing strategies for ETL audit, load balance, exception handling and high data volumes.
- Technically excellent in all areas of SQL Server development including stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Proven expertise in Data warehouse methodologies as well as extensive knowledge of OLTP/OLAP technologies.
- Ability to design, organize, and implement module, perform system testing,
- Plan and automate tasks to maintain existing system
- Ability to research and trouble-shoot application problems
- Highly motivated team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Business analysis, especially business requirements gathering
- Software Architecture
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- General Programming Skills
- Relational Database Concepts
- Data Warehouse Concepts
- Dimensional Data Modeling and Notation
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SSIS
- ETL Processes
- OLAP Cube Development using MDX
- MDM (Master Data Management) experience.
- Microsoft Tabular Models and SSAS Cubes
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server / Git
- Application Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Data Warehouse Technologies: Azure Synapse Analytics and/or Snowflake and/or Single store
- Agile development methods and Dev/Ops CI/CD (Preferred)
- Jira (Preferred)
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com