Our Client is seeking a Performance Engineer for a 24-month contract in Charlotte, NC. Candidates will be required to interview onsite in Charlotte NC or San Francisco CA.
Client is seeking a talented Sr. Performance Engineer who can evaluate the performance of enterprise applications and at the same time, innovate new and better ways in analyzing performance bottlenecks. The Performance Engineer will focus on developing sophisticated tests that exercise Client’s products in various situations to expose bottlenecks and accurately analyze the results thus helping to ensure service is blazingly fast and bulletproof. This Performance Engineer will utilize and contribute to developing cutting edge, sophisticated performance tests & tools to continuously improve our analysis and reporting capabilities using homegrown or existing enterprise tools.
- Be THE performance expert on key Platforms/Projects through evaluation & solid analysis thus resulting in improvements in overall performance.
- Understand assigned Platform/Project and their respective usage & workflows to construct effective performance testing scripts & scenarios.
- Use tools to deeply analyze performance results to pinpoint bottlenecks and optimization opportunities.
- Construct complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks
- Innovate solutions to improve performance engineering effectiveness.
- Look for ways to improve systems scalability.
- Analyze metrics and trends to highlight performance opportunities for improvements.
- Create Test Plans and Performance Impact Analysis documents to review with DEV other platform/project stakeholders.
- Work closely with and coordinate key milestones & due-dates with US and Offshore teams.
- Conduct technical presentations to educate internal/external teams on how to improve performance.
- 5+ years of experience with LoadRunner and/or ALM Performance Center (JMeter or NetStorm a plus).
- 5+ years of experience with Loadrunner Protocols (web-html, webservice, TruClient, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Application servers: Tomcat (tcserver), Weblogic, etc.
- 3+ years of experience Monitoring Software: AppDynamics or Wily Introscope.
- 5+ years of experience in Performance Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with web front-end and back-end performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience in performance tuning JVM’s.
- Experience in using Java & Java tools: thread dump, heap dump, JFR, MAT (Memory Leak detection), TDA.
- 5+ years of experience in web technologies (HTTP, Web Services, Rest, etc.).
- Familiar with J2EE Technologies (e.g. JSP, Servlets, EJB, Web Services, SOA).
- Familiar with VM environments - JVM running on guest VM on-top of Linux RH OS (VMWare ESXi).
- 3+ years of experience with cloud performance testing and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Bachelor's Degree in any software or hardware engineering discipline.
- Experience with the log/data mining tool: Splunk.
- 3+ years of experience with Docker.
- 3+ years of experience in performance testing mobile applications.
- 3+ years of programming experience in a language: Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Familiar with Oracle SQL / PL SQL query plan analysis/tuning, contention/locking analysis and tuning.
- Familiar with Oracle clustering technologies (e.g. Exadata).
- Familiar with Network packet sniffers (e.g. TcpDump, Network Monitor, WinDump).
- Familiar with TCP/IP, networking topology, routers, switches.
- Good sense of humor.
- Ability to do magic tricks (on command if possible).