Fantastic opportunity for a Sr. Database Administrator !
Our Chicago-based client is seeking a Sr. Database Administrator who is responsible for supporting central database systems. As a database administrator, they are required to have strong knowledge around Oracle and at least one additional major database technologies (Informix, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server (Preferred), Mongo, Postgres, etc).
In addition, a Senior Oracle Database Administrator will be expected to have working knowledge of assigned Database technologies in order to provide level1 support.
Please submit your resume with the link to your LinkedIn Profile.
• Maintain and manage critical database systems. A subject matter expert in at least 2 major DBMS technologies.
• Provide rigor and process for continuous documentation. Responsible for overall health and currentness of documentation
• Participate in 24x7 on call duties as necessary.
• Coordinate with other business units and projects to provide database support. Act as a critical single point of contact for all assigned projects.
• Operate independently on net new build outs and projects. Exhibit initiative and self-motivation to move the database infrastructure forward.
• Responsible for insuring complete coverage in monitoring. Work with stakeholders and level1 support staff to train and document critical components and escalation paths.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Installation/Configuration/Upgrading of Oracle 11g through 19c
• Perform Database Monitoring and Tuning utilizing Enterprise Manager, AWR Reports, etc.
• Backup & Recovery experience utilizing RMAN and Data Guard
• Knowledge of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC)
• Complete Standard Database Requests (Clone Databases, Execute DDL, User Access, etc.)
• Perform Application Releases per Requirements
• Support Application Teams w. Performance Tuning and Database Configuration Issues
• Knowledge of MS SQL Server (Stand-Alone & Always-On Cluster Deployments)
• Linux OS/Scripting Knowledge
• Participate within the Weekly On-Call Rotation
• Effectivity Communication Skills
• 10+ years of database administration experience
• Experience with two major DBMS (Oracle/Sql Server/DB2/Informix/Postgres
• Working knowledge of OS administration
Working knowledge of Networking
• Certifications in Database Administration
• Certifications in OS level administration
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier Information Technology (IT) staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 23+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland.
Based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have a narrow focus on a single market (Chicago) and expertise in 4 innovative technical areas;
· Artificial Intelligence
· Data Science
· Cloud & DevOps
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.