Title: Sr. Database Engineer
Contract: 6 months (possible extension)
Location: Burbank, CA 91521
Start Date: ASAP
* Day to day database operations for MongoDB or Cassandra clusters, AWS Systems operations, DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
* Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years' experience in technical operations or software engineering
* 4-6 years of experience with managing large clusters for technologies such as MongoDB or Cassandra
* 2-3 years of experience writing automation under Cloudformation, Terraform, chef, and running data platform in AWS/Azure.
* 6-8 years' experience with Linux Server platform designing secure, reliable, highly available, performant data services.
* 2-4 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
* Expertise in database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
* 3 or more years of IT operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment(on call)
* Thorough understanding in Security implementations(IAM, SSL, encryption, firewall, wall garden) on Database, storage, network and Cloud environments.
* Participated in auditing exercise
* Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring
* Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
* Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
* Excellent knowledge of Storage subsystems- storage Engines, AWS Block storage, S3, EFS - types and relevant use cases.
* Ability to partner with relevant software vendors to determine near-term, long-term business impacts of product updates on our technology portfolio
* Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, SSH), general networking technologies, AWS networking (VPC, security group), network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)