Sr. Datawarehouse Developer
Approx Salary: $130K
Location: 400 E Main St, Mt Kisco, NY 10549
Notes: Must have Meditech EMR experience and SSIS, SQL Server, and Solid BI developer skills.
Position Summary: Designs, develops and implements complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures to feed data into the Enterprise Data Repository from disparate clinical and non-clinical data sources. Responsibilities:
1. Must be skilled with IBM Datastage in a data warehouse environment.
2. Knowledge of Datastage modules, select and deploy and integrate appropriate modules and code in complex data environment
3. Analyzes and translates functional specifications and change requests into Datastage technical specifications
4. Create efficient loads, tune projects, manage resources for a Netezza (preferred) data appliance environment.
5. Designs, develops and implements complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures.
6. Develops data warehouse process models, including sourcing, extraction, transformation and loading.
7. Creates execution plans, test files and scripts for data warehouse testing.
8. Produces supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes and process flow.
9. Develops and maintains standards, including organization, structure and nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements (data architectures, models, tools and databases).
10. Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware or other technologies.
11. Maps data between source systems, data warehouse and data marts.
12. Performs system analysis, data analysis or programming.
13. Selects methods, techniques or criteria for data warehousing evaluation procedures. Verifies structure, accuracy and quality of warehouse data.
14. Writes new programs or modifies existing to meet project requirements.
15. Investigates and tests new software solutions or products, as necessary.
16. Provides mentoring and coaching to team members and affiliated teams, as needed.
17. Reviews and provides guidance to the development team and recommendations to optimize the data extraction and loading using ETL jobs.
18. Develops and implements corrections and improvements according to change requests.
19. Collaborates and works with multiple technical and business units to resolve support issues.
? Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
? Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the design, development and implementation of databases/data warehouses.
? Extensive experience with enterprise level ETL tools.
? Strong understanding of ETL design and development such as direct-path loading and parallel SQL.
? Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and architecture. Understanding of star/snowflake schema design; dimension and fact tables.
? Strong understanding of Oracle and SQL Server database architecture
? Understanding of data modeling and design including partitioning, indexing, constraints and optimizer statistics.
? Experience with development methodologies such as Agile.
? Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
? Analytic, process flow, problem solving, communication, customer service, organization skills, required.
? Knowledge of Health Industry and Healthcare Data Exchange Standards (HL7, CCD), preferred.
? Knowledge of web services (SOAP, REST), preferred