Senior DevOps Engineer
The Business Entity
We’re an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco—balancing collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation—to deliver the most effective solution to our customers’ problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco’s industry dominance surpasses what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
What You'll Do
Y ou are interested in disrupting the status quo and in massive data sets, large customer bases and solving hard problems. You will help identify and classify potential threats and malicious activity using Cisco Umbrella’s extensive data store generated by the DNS requests of our 50m+ users to Umbrella’s 22 global data centers. year-over-year usage growth. You want to help protect your family, friends, colleagues, local coffee shop, financial institution, health care provider, alma mater, and other people or companies from malware, fraud, phishing attacks, and inappropriate content--this is the career you were born for.
Who You Are
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team of engineers and researchers. We build and maintain the core of the security intelligence platform for Cisco Umbrella/Investigate, and are passionate about doing security at scale.
Minimum qualifications for the role:
- Deploying and managing hadoop clusters with the Cloudera distribution
- Running streaming data ingestion systems using Apache Kafka and/or related tools
- Deploying and maintaining infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, and Docker
- Developing distributed applications in a variety of languages, with strong proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Strong troubleshooting and system diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of at least one JVM based language (Java, Scala, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the core networking protocols (DNS, BGP, HTTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of the current threat landscape, and the goals and methods of current malicious actors
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially strong DevOps Engineer. If you are reading this posting, we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the near future. If you are interested in learning more about working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly.
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134