Immediate need for a talented Sr. DevOps Engineer. This is a 12 Months contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in O'Fallon, MO. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-39478
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: O'Fallon, Missouri
Duration: 12 Months
Phone and skype interview
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- Provide 24/7 on-call support of critical business infrastructure and applications. This involves performing support for scheduled maintenance activities and Level 1 & 2 support for issues.
- At times, resources within this position are required to initiate vendor support to investigate complex scenarios that often involve active working sessions with the vendor to troubleshoot and identify solutions. These situations are most often only reserved for deep dive troubleshooting events involving researching system health and functionality.
- Conduct detailed analysis on issue investigation and determine the best path to resolution.
- Provide consultation for application infrastructure design and assist with determining adherence to established standards and best practices.
- Work hand in hand with global team in collaboration and knowledge sharing events such as instructional email communications and regular training meetings.
- Assist in providing detailed post-incident summaries on impacting events for Senior Management and Team Members. These detailed summaries detail the issue, actions taken - both right and/or wrong, observations, and any recommendations around what changes can be made to provide awareness of future events, or permanent resolutions.
- Lead and provide direction on conference calls during critical application outages. This involves the need to interpret errors verses the user experience in order to track down where the issue might be within a 4 Tier Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Play a hybrid role of Configuration and support role.
- Experience in CA Layer 7 Policy Manager 8.x / 9.x is required
- Experience in troubleshooting the SSL Handshake errors is required
- Experience in IBM Data power will be added advantage.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
- System Engineering. Strong Unix/Linux background.
- Strong knowledge on Jenkins and other CI/CD tools.
- Working knowledge on Monitoring tools like SPLUNK.
- Understanding of principles of availability & consistency.
- Experience with multiple persistence patterns and the ability to ensure high performance, scale and reliability configurations.