CyberGrants is an ambitious, fast-growing and innovative company focused on providing the very best service to our clients. With nearly 20 years of experience supporting corporate and private philanthropy, CyberGrants brings customers an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and services.
As part of the CyberGrants team you will be part of a select few that are responsible for helping our corporate and private clients provide over 6.6 billion dollars in annual funding to national and local non-profit organizations in support of programs ranging from major natural disaster relief to local animal shelters and after school programs.
Use your technological abilities for good. Go home every night knowing the work you’ve done has affected millions of people around the world. Join CyberGrants’ team of passionate and hardworking professionals today!
Our mission and entrepreneurial spirit attracts passionate and hardworking professionals. We work hard, but have fun while doing so.
This position is primarily responsible for the IT architecture, infrastructure, processes, and procedures required to support CyberGrants’ Production environment. It requires both the technical “hands-on” skills and experience related to Production IT practices, methods, and trends along with project management/leadership capability necessary to analyze, recommend, plan, implement, and manage our various infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will possess strong DevOps knowledge and experience with Linux System Administration, AWS Cloud Deployment, Virtualization, and SaaS Platform Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the effective operation of the Production IT infrastructure – including but not limited to system operation, reliability, availability, performance, monitoring, job automation, backups, redundancy, security, maintenance, hardware, software, and configuration. This infrastructure includes:
- All production systems and servers (on-premise, co-lo, and cloud-based).
- The production network.
- Develop automated processes (DevOps) for managing code promotion from Development to QA to Production systems.
- Develop effective working relationships with various departments to better understand existing and emerging Production and Corporate IT requirements (e.g., Development, Client Operations, Support, etc.).
- Provide effective project management and leadership for Production IT projects including assessment of alternatives, cost analysis, design, planning, scheduling, implementation, and post-mortems.
- Maintain awareness of, and expertise in, the latest production IT trends, issues and requirements. In doing so, continually look to introduce innovations that improve our Production IT infrastructure (commensurate with the needs of the business).
Qualifications and Experience (Required)
The following qualifications and experience are required:
- 7-10 years overall production IT experience, with 1-2 years as team lead.
- Strong familiarity and experience with Production IT infrastructure innovations, trends, methods and best practices including DevOps, Cloud, and Virtualization.
- 5-10 years experience as Production IT Engineer (e.g., DevOps Engineer, System Administrator/Engineer, etc.). Specifically, strong technical skills and experience with the following:
- Linux System Administration (i.e., RedHat, CentOS)
- Amazon AWS (Expertise, Configuration, Management, Architecture)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- DevOps (automated promotion processes across environments).
- Familiarity Managing Full SaaS Platform – Web, App, DB, Storage, Network.
- 3-5 years experience and knowledge with:
- Web/DMZ tier (Apache, FTP, MFT)
- Application tier (JBoss, WebLogic, etc.)
- Database tier (Oracle, MySQL)
- Storage Subsystems ((SAN/NAS - e.g., EMC XtremeIO, Oracle/Sun ZFS)
- Networking (DNS, Fortinet, Cisco, Fiber)
- Job Automation (Unix Shell Scripting and Automation)
Qualifications and Experience (Optional)
While not required, any experience with one or more of the following are highly desirable (make sure to highlight your experience with these in your resume):
- Software Development Experience
- Networking Certification (Cisco CCNA or equivalent)
- DevOps Tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, ANT, etc.)
- Sun Solaris (Solaris 10, Solaris 11)
- Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university, or four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Great Benefits
- A rare opportunity to work in the Philanthropy industry helping clients donate billions to nonprofits across the globe
- Work with smart and engaged co-workers
- Be apart of a culture that strives for innovation
- Flexible work environment