Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Senior DevOps Engineer, Vice President is responsible for design, build, implementation, monitoring, and management of the MUFG enterprise cloud infrastructure and shared services that provide the foundation for the technology modernization and digital transformation. This key role will be operating across both traditional areas of infrastructure including compute, storage, networking and IaaS ensuring continuous and seamless delivery and automation of infrastructure services. He/she will be responsible for operational management with a balanced approach to quality, risk, and cost, while driving efficiency and effectiveness of the cloud platform.
- Lead design and buildout of the new MUFG cloud infrastructure and services in AWS environment using industry best practices
- Partner with application teams to design, develop and deliver cloud native solutions and services, and power the digital transformations across business units
- Lead migration and transformation of existing infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS cloud
- Responsible for production and all operational aspects of the new cloud AWS infrastructure platform that will support mission critical MUFG applications
- Embrace Infrastructure-as-Code, and leverage Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipelines to manage the full cloud service lifecycle from release of cloud service offerings into production through the retirement thereof
- Build and maintain cloud operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis, to achieve high efficiency in cloud operations through automation tools and self-repair utilities
- Relentless drive the standardization, simplification and automation of operational workflows, enable self-service for positive customer impact
- Partner with Cloud Operation teams to define, create, test, and execute cloud operations procedures
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Provide Level 3 support for troubleshoot and services restoration in Production
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to specify and document solutions and practices
- Minimum 10 year of experience as an IT infrastructure engineer supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization
- Familiarity with core provider services from AWS (required), and Azure or GCP (preferred); AWS professional level certifications desired
- Minimum 3 years of experience with infrastructure design and administering software delivery tools
- Linux and/or Windows administration experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with scripting languages in Shell script, Python (or NodeJs), infrastructure automation or configuration management
- Skilled in building AMI, deploy and configure AWS EC2, S3, ALB, ACM, CloudWatch Logs and Events, SNS, SQS, SSM, Docker container based services and tools - i.e. ECS/EKS, K8s
- Good understanding of modern, cloud-native architectures and DevOps principles & practices
- Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory or Nexus, and experienced in automate and deploy n-tier application stack in AWS
- Excellent collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving, with the ability to work alternative coverage schedules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required due to the dynamic nature of collaboration with leadership, customers, and other engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. Department:
Systems / Technology