To apply directly to this role, reference job number 1085700 and email:
Apex is searching for a DevOps Engineer to join our clients high-performance team. The successful candidate will have strong skills in systems administration, maintenance, monitoring, and production support and with a background in software deployment. This position will require 24x7 "on-call" availability to support production operations and periodic off-hour work for software deployment and maintenance.
1. Build and manage multiple software development environments (in-house and on Amazon EC2)
2. Build, deploy and manage software development tools/environments as required by the development team (Jira, Git and others)
3. Work with Performance Engineering team to conduct performance tests and reports
4. Deploy software packages (for BladeLogic) in various environments
5. Maintain tools, processes and associated documentation to manage software deployments and infrastructure
6.Deploy software in all environments; work with Production Deployment team to ensure successful deployments
7. Measure and production utilization and available capacity
8. Collect and review machine data using Splunk to gain further operational insight to improve overall systems performance
9. Work with Monitoring Engineering to deploy BPM scripts in production
10.Troubleshoot software and infrastructure problems and act as development escalation point for production issues
11. Work with hosting engineering to ensure production systems achieve highest reliability, availability and performance
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
2. 7+ years of IT experience with 3+ years of hands-on experience in system administration, software deployment automation and monitoring
3. Strong Linux (SuSE preferred) administration skills
4. Strong Apache administration skills
5. Strong systems programming and scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl and similar scripting languages)
6. Hands-on experience deploying and managing Git and Trac
7. Hands-on experience with Amazon EC2, Lambda, EKS environments.
8. Experience managing complete infrastructure running on AWS.
9. Experience with Ansible
10.Experience with Jenkins
11. Experience with open source software
12.Experience with Splunk (managing Splunk environment and building searches and reports)
13. Familiar with Layer7 API Gateway is a plus.
15. Familiar with programming languages including PHP, Java, and Python
16. Good understanding of agile development, continues deployment and integration
17. Experience administering NoSQL databases is a plus, MongoDB preferred.
18. Understanding of AWS network traffic management
19. Strong written and verbal communication skills
1. Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level - having the confidence and resilience to take risks - be self-empowered
2. Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format - knowledge sharing
3. User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience - every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use
4. Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) - lateral thinking
5. Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity
6. Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields
7. Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool - represent an idea in order to promote it
8. Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data/objects and API/contracts
9. Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused - deliver frameworks instead of point solutions
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or