AWS Lead Engineer
Cloud Governance and Channel Migration team is looking for a key member of the DevOps team responsible for establishing highly available environments driven by Automation and DevOps strategy. You will also be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership skills and knowledge of Agile/DevOps mindset to deliver customer value. You will also partner with the engineering organization to drive conversion projects to cloud infrastructure.Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, Enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy - Infrastructure as Code
2. Works with Development teams to provide the automation and tooling required to quickly deploy and manage their applications
3. Works with the Infrastructure team to automate the provisioning and configuration of resources and software
4. Works with Infrastructure and Development teams to provide monitoring and observability into the behavior of applications and systems
5. Works on Scrum teams alongside Developers and Product Owners to support new infrastructure and operational needs
6. Manages a continuous deployment pipeline to fully automate the deployment of the highly available, mission-critical applications
7. Develops and automates standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios
8. Troubleshoots and resolves issues in our development, test and production environments
9. Designs, manages and maintains tools to automate operational processes
10. Partner in building DevOps road map for the organization and drive teams towards the same.
11. Enable "DEVOPS" mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operation team.
12. Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate dev ops tool - on both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure
13. Design, develop, and support all AWS activities for most environmentsSupervisory Responsibilities:
• NoneMinimum Qualifications:
? Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
? AWS Associate level certifications are a mandatory requirement
? 8 plus years of experience in DEVOPS driven industry
? Experience working in a FAST PACED agile environment or equivalent, relevant experience.Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a highly-dynamic environment.
- Experience with EKS / ECS or container orchestration
- Ability to work under pressure and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little or no supervision.
- Proficiency in Amazon EC2, Amazon VPC, Auto Scaling, Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Route 53, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Identity & Access Management
- Knowledge in Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Pinpoint, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS is a plus
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance
- DevOps and CI/CD tools such as, but not limited Jenkins and Ansible, Terraform(for AWS)
- Proficiency in CI/CD pipeline along with traceability of work from Ideation to Production - Jira /Bitbucket/Jenkins/Docker Images / Jfrog Artifactory - Release Management
- Experience provisioning workloads with Ansible
- Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, Footprints Service Core, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
If this is a position you are interested in, please send a copy of your most updated resume to
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or