Who is Silverline?
We provide services that ensure applications are delivered secure, fast, and reliable.
As an extraordinary teammate, this is what you should expect:
Do you want to change the world with a click of a button and venture into “The Cloud”? You will develop best-in-class services and products that mitigate, analyze, monitor, visualize, and lead traffic across the globe in public and private clouds, data centers, and customer premises.
You will provide quality solutions while keeping focus on high availability, scalability, maintainability, and security while working with a stellar DevOps team!
Be responsible for the design, development and implementation of products and services running in public clouds.
Evaluate existing products and services and implement migration plans to move those products and services from data centers into public clouds. Focus on orchestration, automation, and monitoring of services in any environment.
Your Day to Day
- Craft architecture/system design documents focusing on workflows and interfaces
- Building and integrating tools to improve automation, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Configuring and leading a variety of internally developed and third-party applications and services, across multiple environments
- Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, and standards
- Provide technical mentorship to lower level engineers
- Consistently meet commitments
- Participate in hiring, on boarding, and training process
- Conduct presentations internally and externally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and services in multiple public clouds (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or IBM Cloud)
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, VMWare, and Openstack)
- Experience with at least one software configuration management system (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with VMWare and/or Docker
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, Bash, Ansible, etc)
- Strong analytic/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to define, capture, interpret product/system requirements
- Service provider experience a plus
- Golang experience a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Hadoop, OpenTSDB, Couchbase, Redis, or PostgreSQL a plus
- Requires 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years-experience; or equivalent experience.