DevOps Engineer Location: Salt Lake City, UT Opportunity/Problem
Nice inContact is a global company with a presence on every continent but Antarctica. We are a team of expert Operators and problem solvers who are responsible for delivering SaaS software to production and test systems without causing customers downtime and without slowing down the train of new features.
We are looking to flesh out our team to work smarter, not harder. We are looking for a n Automation-focused DevOps engineer to join our team in Sandy UT. This is a high-profile position with lots of opportunity to positively impact the company and our customer experience.
We need someone who isn't afraid to get stuff done by hand but isn't satisfied doing it that way more than once. Who are you
You're experienced enough in Python or Ruby to turn a team's daily toil into repeatable scripts while building up those skills in others around you. You're comfortable in a broad enough range of applications that using Jenkins, TFS, Git hub , Docker, and EC2 in the same day you must explain decorators or why backticks are dangerous is just "Tuesday."
You like solving problems whether they are big or small. There will be days where you make a simple script to move log files around, and there will be others where you help orchestrate the work of five teams on three continents. Occasionally there will be days where you spend a whole day investigating why something broke the way it did and how to prevent it. Qualifications
- 5 + years working regularly in an interpreted language. Be prepared to talk about some examples and /or show some code. Python is ideal, Ruby's good, Powershell and Bash will help .
- Ability and Willingness to train others at different skills levels with different cultural and career backgrounds and learn from them in turn.
- Professional e xperience using Jenkins or applicable experience in another CI tool.
- Conversant in AWS, VMWare , or applica ble experience in a different hypervisor .
- Regular use of Git or TFSVC and at least familiarity with the other.
- Experience in a QA capacity
Great things about this job
- Experience using the Chef Suite in a professional capacity
- Experience training in a professional capacity
- Experience working on a helpdesk
- Reciprocal flexibility: Sometimes you need to pick up kids, see a doctor, or run a midday errand. No worries.
- Breadth of experience: You can expect to be crossing paths with nearly every technical discipline at the company at some point.
Challenges You Can Expect:
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Reciprocal flexibility: Sometimes software breaks at awkward hours and your counterpart in the other hemisphere isn't available or able to deploy a fix. You may get the call.
- High Pressure: When Adam Jacobs says, "Legacy Software is what runs the planet," it's like he is talking directly to our team. We are in transition from SaaS-era technology to cloud-based and both need to run smoothly or there is real risk to real people.
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world's No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.