Looking for Business System Analyst/BSA
Location: Princeton, NJ
Duration: Long term contract
In person interview required.
Pls schedule the interview at 646-688-3233
Note: College grads are OK or candidates with some exp. Long term. It’s a very unique system that they would need to learn - even an experienced candidate would take a year to learn so why not cheaper one that they can mold themselves.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), functions as a liaison between internal and external business partners to identify, analyze and document requirements to develop new features needed for the project application. The candidate will also be responsible to work with various internal groups like development team, software test team and others to make sure that agreed upon solution is documented and delivered to end users. This role participates in the formulation and definition of project scope and objectives for assigned departmental projects. They will also be involved in capturing changes to existing documentation to help modify existing features of the project application. The Senior Business Systems Analyst communicates with the IT team to ensure proper development, operationalization and delivery of technical solutions that fully adhere to corporate business objectives and meet user specifications for functionality and accuracy.
• Candidate must demonstrate strong problem-solving ability, as well as logical, and analytical skills, which can be applied across multiple applications.
• Responsible for creating functional requirements, technical requirements, implementation details, unit test conditions using templates provided by SDLC process.
• Develop scope of work to satisfy business goals and requirements
• Translate business requirements to functional and technical specifications
• Participate in software development groups and teams in requirements gathering, analysis, design, risk mitigation, programming/construction, unit testing and transition of applications into a production environment.
• Candidate must be familiar with general programming and system analysis concepts.
• Conduct regularly scheduled reviews of newly proposed and existing features to ensure quality and accuracy of the projects or features delivered to the end-users.
• Provide detailed review and documentation of costs for proposed solutions
• Candidate will be responsible for executing unit test conditions and will be performing basic regression testing of application in controlled environment to ensure better quality of software is delivered to Software Test team and eventually to production.
• Work with system developers, technical analysts, testing teams, project managers and end users to assist in development, validation, and delivery of all aspects of the solution according to schedule and with the required functionality
• Analyze/document new and existing processes and procedures
• Coordinate the software releases with configuration management and release management teams under direction of manager.
• Continuously review test plans and provide feedback on methodology when necessary
• Maintain traceability matrix and manage change requests
• Function as contact for problem analysis and resolution
• Work as part of a team to conceptualize solutions for the improvement of business goals
• Maintaining team spirit and a positive attitude.
• Apply industry standard analysis, documentation techniques where appropriate to assist in providing optimum solutions
• Follow SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• MS Office Tools (MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS POWER POINT, MS VISIO)
• Java, J2EE, Swing, Java Applets, Servlets, JSP – Preferred
• Oracle and SQL
• Good Oral and Written communication skills
Other Requirements (Specialized skill sets, behavioral/technical):
• Prior experience with software testing standards, practices, methods and tools
• Excellent planning, organization and problem identification skills
• Excellent information and data analysis skills
• Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Excellent technical and business terminology to consult with clients, vendors and other internal staff
• Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously (balance workload)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or business-related curricula, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
Relevant Years of Experience Required: 3-4
Interested candidate pls apply.
M - 646-688-3233