Our client is looking to hire a Sr. DevOps Engineer. They are unable to sponsor H1-B visas at this time.
Candidate can work out of their office in MA-Boxborough, VA-Herndon, NY-Melville, NY-Rochester, NY-New York.
Sr DevOps Engineer
Design, development, and deployment of software, databases, and script-based tools for a wide range of needs, with a
primary overall purpose of automation/streamlining of operational processes and providing insights into business metrics
- Design and develop systems to support Client’s IP/MPLS network, with a vision centered around automation.
- Maintain and support existing internally-developed software systems in the form of bugfixes and feature adds.
- Develop project roadmaps.
- Create and maintain agile-based task backlogs as well as traditional waterfall-style project plans.
- Research emerging technologies and equipment; develop technical specifications for new products and services.
- Provide insight and feedback to other architects and engineers related to their projects.
- Remain informed of current trends and best practices related to job duties.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers, especially in regard to network tools and automation practices.
- Develop standard operating procedures and other documentation related to network systems.
- Evaluate and implement software tools and perform product customizations to those tools.
- Conduct training sessions on engineering systems and software tools.
- Miscellaneous other duties and responsibilities as may be requested or required by management.
- Prior experience supporting medium- to large-scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production
- Very strong Linux experience in a highly-available production environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile development environments using SCRUM.
- Strong SQL knowledge and familiarity with MySQL, Postgres, and Oracle. Strong experience with PHP/Python and some knowledge with Java/Perl Autonomous.
- Self-driven with the ability to work across teams to collaborate on common ideas and strategies.
- Comfortable with Frontend development (HTML/CSS/JS) and some experience with JQuery, Lodash, and/or ExtJS
- Comfortable working with automation and willing to learn and enhance existing tools or build new ones as needed.
- Experience using git for source code management.
- Enjoy exploring and experimenting with new ideas and sharing with others.
- Can communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Have a positive attitude when engaging with others.
- Experience with one or more JS graphing libraries
- Experienced in configuration management / service orchestration using Juniper Contrail/Northstar and/or Cisco NSO (formerly Tail-f NCS).
- Experience with open source applications in the SDN/NFV space (OpenDaylight, ONOS, DPDK, vSwitch).
- Experience with administering network and systems monitoring and management tools (SPLUNK, Netflow, Nagios, Cacti, , PRTG, RANCID, etc).
- Network simulation and modeling with tools like Cisco WAE (formerly Cariden MATE) or WANDL
- Knowledge of network routing and switching systems (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Ciena, MRV)
A minimum of 3-5 year experience in respective field – preferably in a service provider environment.
Experience in a Network, Hosting, and/or Application Service Provider