Location: San Mateo, California
Visa: Open to those authorized to work in the USA (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply., H1-B, EAD)
In This Role:
As a Senior Developer - Backend, you will be working in a highly creative, motivating, learning and collaborative environment
Work on the back-end of a high-volume data analytics applications.
- Create robust, flexible, consistent, and easy-to-use APIs based on REST and GraphQL technologies.
- Enhance our distributed system architecture and suggest solutions to solve complex server-side problems.
- Understand the product in detail, empathize with customers, and predict potential issues in feature development.
- Work on the back-end, but also learn how the front-end works.
- Work with cross-functional/and global teams including product management, quality assurance, and support teams.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- A minimum of 5+ years experience working on the server-side for complex, distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design.
- Experience with Tomcat and an in-depth understanding of how web containers work.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and Postgres.
- Understanding of authentication and authorization (SSO, LDAP/AD, OAuth, user/roles/permissions).
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark and HDFS.
- An understanding of distributed cluster environment and familiarity with Apache ZooKeeper. Understanding of Git and Git workflows, IDE (Eclipse or IntelliJ).
- Experience with Java unit test frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Able to work independently & within a team environment
BS is compute science or related field.
Nice to Have
Experience with cloud technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Past Experience working with Data Analytics companies: Snowflake, Informatica, MapR, Cloudera, OKTA