Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients-one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell! Senior Director, Device Architecture
The Sr. Director, Device Architecture will lead and manage a team of senior engineers who will architect devices for the future hardware platform of the company. The architecture team will select technologies and determine broad technical direction for Omnicell devices, and focus on simplifying, standardizing, and making all devices current, scalable, and supportable. The Sr. Director, Device Architecture will assign architects to program teams, to support the overall technical and business objectives of the program. This role, and the underlying team, will also work extensively with their counterparts in other engineering organizations to ensure devices meet the needs of broader enterprise applications and determine interfacing/integration requirements. Within the Robotics & Automation organization, the Sr. Director, Device Architecture will report to the VP, Robotics & Automation. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Manage and lead a staff of senior, highly talented engineers responsible for broad technical direction of Omnicell devices; staff project teams with architects to support programs, ensure standardization, and achieve expected technical results.
- Collaborate with technical and business leaders throughout the company, to collectively determine technical needs, strategy, and direction for the future product portfolio of the company.
- Manage intellectual property portfolio for Omnicell devices.
- Embody the key corporate values: passionate transformer, relationships matter, intellectual curiosity, mission driven, entrepreneurial, and doing the right thing.
- Expert level understanding current design and development methodologies for software controlled electro-mechanical devices; experience with making technology and architectural decisions that are essential for long-term product/platform/service success.
- Excellent functional management experience (managing a group of direct reports, being able to build high performing teams and structure organizations)
- Broad and deep analytical, technical, and engineering skills to be able to set direction, solve problems, and make complex technical decisions effectively for the organization.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills to work with peers, internal stakeholders, extermal partners and company leadership to lead and garner support for technical strategy.
- B.S. in Engineering or related field
- 15+ years' experience in technical roles within a complex product development program, including software design/development responsibilities
- 5+ years' experience leading an engineering team
- Master's Degree or Higher
- Product development or manufacturing within healthcare technology or medical device industry
- Office environment
- Travel up to 20%
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.