About the Team
It's an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team
has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it's online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart's success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are. About the LocationHybrid Position:
This position may be considered Hybrid based on PetSmart's FlexSmart policy and business needs. A Hybrid work arrangement is considered to be a blend of onsite and remote work activity. Associates with a Hybrid work arrangement have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can be required to come onsite between 1-5 days a week as determined by leadership and based on business needs. Fully Remote Position:
This position is considered to be Fully Remote and work is done from another location outside of Phoenix Home Office (within the United States). Associates that are considered to be Fully Remote do not have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can expect to be asked to travel to Phoenix Home Office several times a year [or more], based on business needs and in partnership with leadership. Associates that are considered to be Fully Remote will acknowledge the "Remote Work Agreement" upon hire. About the JobSenior Enterprise Information Management Engineer (MicroStrategy)How this role will make an impact:
At PetSmart, data is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the insights to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
This engineering role is to create sustainable reporting, analytic and data solutions to meet business needs, create business value and drive outcomes. Solutions will be designed, developed, and implemented utilizing our enterprise technologies and architecture. Our enterprise technologies include MicroStrategy, Denodo, Alteryx, Snowflake and Big Data.Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Interact with Information Architecture, Lead Engineers and business area teams to build detailed technical design documents, to meet business needs for complex projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Accountable for the design, build, test and deployment of full lifecycle Reporting and Analytic solutions.
- Champion efforts to ensure appropriate development best practices and assist with strategy and roadmap development.
- With our agile methodologies, work on features and stories, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines.
- Partner with business teams and external third-party vendors to execute solutions.
About the Culture
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or other technical disciplines.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of BI tools, MicroStrategy preferred.
- Understanding of business intelligence, data warehousing, data modeling, architectures, and terminology.
- Proven ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills with a high degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL scripting (Netezza, SQL Server and Snowflake preferred).
- Proven experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / Agile development to plan and organize work activities for team execution.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues.
- Demonstrated self-leadership with the ability to work independently and manage conflict.
- Proven learning agility as data technologies and capabilities evolve rapidly.
- Preferred experience with Big Data technologies.
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong
and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they're core to PetSmart's success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We'd still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- "Top Dog" gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- "Sit & Stay" Caf serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- "Lil' Paws" learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: ;/a>
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: ;/a>
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: ;/a>
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area: Welcome to Phoenix Guide