Our client is looking for a Sr. ELK Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of the Elastic Stack of tools that monitor and manage critical applications and infrastructure. You will design and configure ETL data pipelines using Elastic Common Schema to onboard application logs and metrics, configure index templates and data life cycle management (ILM) for data retention.
Required experiences /skills include:
- Strong experience with evaluating existing Elastic clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, security and administration.
- Strong experience with the full ELK Stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beat agents, Machine Learning, APM, X-Pack and REST API integration.
- Must understand Data, building data pipelines.
- Must understand Machine Learning principles.
- Experience with developing in multiple languages (Python, Bash, Painless, and other scripting languages).
- Secure, maintain, optimize, document, Some design and build, Elastic Stack Enterprise solutions (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and/or Grafana, and Beats.
- Develop Elastic alerting solutions using Watcher and Kibana or Grafana. Alerts that will have integrate into Jira for ticketing.
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) job to dynamically monitor and alert on specific metrics and KPIs Follow life cycle processes to move solutions from Dev to QA to Production.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- W2 candidates only (please no subcontractors).
The initial position is 12 months (with extensions highly likely). The work location is flexible for “great-fit candidates.” Compensation is DOE.
Datanomics is an equal opportunity employer.