Purpose: Merchants Fleet Management is growing and we’re looking for a skilled and proven ETL Developer to play an integral role in the growth of our enterprise wide data resource capabilities. This position is designed for a highly motivated and experienced individual who has built, supported, and continuously improved data warehouse activities in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be involved in all aspects of the data warehouse implementation including data extraction, mapping, loading and transformation (ETL) activities with interfaces to multiple source systems and destinations.
- Take a lead/active role in the full range of Data Warehouse activities
- Expert level experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) in a large-scale data warehouse environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills on SQL Server Stored Procedures and SSIS packages.
- Take a lead/active role in the design and development of our enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
- Take a lead/active role in the continued growth of our business intelligence capabilities.
- Lead and/or be a part of the team designing, building, and maintaining the future state of Merchants EDW platforms
- Assist with defining, implementing, and continuously improving our Data Governance processes and procedures.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the team. Participate in a collaborative structure to capture process improvement ideas and communicate to other groups.
- Effectively communicate and present ideas and/or project status.
- Measure, track and meet SLA metrics (data cycle time, schedule, accuracy, rework, etc.).
- As part of the responsibilities, participate in design sessions, develop design documents, and participate in acceptance testing and knowledge transfer activities.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently and work with little supervision.
- Experience retrieving data from various database platforms, web service APIs, flat files etc.
- Solid SQL Server ETL experience, in general.
- Standard Data Warehouse skills/experience including ETL design maintenance, debugging etc.
- Experience in multiple versions of SQL Server from 2012 to 2017, preferably with multiple editions (Standard, Enterprise, etc.).
- Experience with Data Architecture / Data Modeling, both Dimensional and Relational.
- Advanced SQL and Powershell scripting experience
- Experience in upgrading versions of SQL Server
- Experience in defining requirements and documenting business needs to turn that into the reporting solution that is being requested.
- 8-10 years of development experience
- Ability to Lead and/or Manage Projects
- Team Player
- Thorough understanding of Performance Tuning including query/application performance tuning
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, matrix structured environment
- Critical thinker and ability to effectively communicate to internal/business team.