NOTE: Skype tech screening required
MUST be local to southern CA and able to attend one or more in-person interviews
Client is unable to process work visa at this time.
Will work closely with business stakeholders to help identify opportunities and architect solutions that make him/her a true technology partner. You will also be leading the technical implementations with other team members.
This position will provide overall technical solutions and design for Data Warehouse. Areas of responsibility include overall technical solutions, Data Analysis, Data Architecture , ETL Design, development, reporting and implementation of large scale solutions and/or applications spanning Business, Financial, Operations, Cloud and other related areas of the company. Additional areas include leading technical discussions, code reviews, solution documentation and defining overall best practice as related to data integration and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Lead technical solutions, including custom development working with cross project teams in delivering projects
- Define overall ETL architecture including key designs on integration standards such as loading, real time/batch, CDC, data validation, parallelization etc.
- Architect solutions based on specific project requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability
- Ability to manage and participate as a senior Data Analyst gathering and analysis of source systems, processing logic, content and operational system usage.
- Responsible for the solution design, hands-on development, technical tasks oversight, release management and implementation of products and features.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of data integration methodologies, Messaging, API platforms and reporting
- While being hands-on, the candidate must be able to guide junior members of the development team while working with other cross functional teams following agile methodologies.
- Analyze issues, reverse engineer where needed to come up with solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining teams commitment to excellence and high standards in a collaborative environment
- Work with management to align solutions and data integration with business strategy and objectives.
- Apply broad in depth business and technical knowledge advance technical direction.
- Bachelors of Science or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of overall IT experience
- 6+ years in a direct role as a Developer / designer / architect for ETL, Reporting and/or EDW systems.
- 4+ years of solid Data Warehousing, Integration Methodology experience.
- 2+ Years - Data Modeling Experience to deliver both logical model & physical design for transaction and analytical systems.
- Technical expertise in application integration (Real Time, Data Streams, XML etc...)
- Must have advanced technical understanding with tools and products used in data mart and data integration development, such as Teradata, Netezza, Redshift
- Solid hands-on experience with Tableau or similar reporting tools
- Broad exposure in the new techniques in Data Warehousing and Data Integration technology
- Experience and exposure to Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandara and/or NoSQL environments a plus.
- Good understanding of data architecture in a cloud environment with Azure or AWS
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management in a clear and professional manner; verbally and written, and possess superior people management and leadership skills
- Strong Leadership, Decision-making, and Technical design skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills: SQL, Problem Solving, Performance tuning, Test case analysis
- Ability to multitask and comfortable working in a large organization across multiple teams
- Technical expertise in distributed system architecture, design, and development