LOOKING FOR: A self-driven, senior level engineer with the ability to obtain a secret clearance to join our AMERICAN SYSTEMS team as a Senior Electrical Engineer in Baltimore, MD Candidate will support the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will:
- Work within the Simulation & Services Division to provide on-site support to the USCG
- Join an established team with even more opportunity to grow
- Maintain your secret clearance
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan! (ESOP)
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Design, develop, and evaluate the operation of marine vessels, ship machinery and related equipment
- Support the USCG by reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components
- Perform design reviews, evaluate constructability to help resolve technical issues
- Manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple projects
- Create graphical representations of structures
- Inspect equipment systems
- Research advanced engineering designs and applications
Life at AMERICAN SYSTEMS:
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
WINNER NATIONAL TOP WORKPLACE AWARD 2021
- Master's Degree in either Electrical or Marine Engineer and 10+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree Electrical or Marine Engineer and 15+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
At least 5+ years of engineering experience in:
- Electrical propulsion systems
- Machinery control systems
- Power generation and distribution systems or interior communications systems