Kforce has a client that is seeking a Sr. Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer in Torrance, CA.
This Sr. Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer position is responsible for development of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical, hydromechanical, mechanical and electropneumatic components and systems that will become the new products. The incumbent, a fully trained professional, plans and conducts efforts requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Typically, the Project Engineer devises new approaches for the problems encountered.
Responsibilities ofthe Sr. Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer:
* Sr. Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer will lead and direct technical teams to design and development complex electrohydraulic and electromechanical test equipment systems
* Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
* Sr. Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer will validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses
* Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and technical volume write ups
* Operate as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals
* Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation
* Sr. Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer will create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program
* Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports
* MS degree, preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering plus 3 years of design/development engineering experience, or; BS degree plus 5-7 years of design/development engineering experience
* Knowledge of closed loop control systems is a plus
* Mechanical hardware design experience
* Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
* Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
* Risk and Opportunity management or similar business processes
* Development of Integrated Master plan (IMP)/Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
* To fulfill the demands of design and development of new products the individual must have self starting instincts and strong analytical skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.