Reports To: Engineering Manager
Job Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for gathering customer requirements, defining system functionality, and writing embedded code in various languages, but primarily in C. Candidates will be developing in a DO-178C environment to ensure full certification compliance for our power conversion products in close collaboration with our electrical design team.
In this role the responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design and integrate complex embedded control systems for power electronics.
- Experience with TI TMS320 series DSP and Code Composer Studio is desired.
- Participate and lead all aspects of software development, verification, testing and documentation based on DO-178C requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes for DO-178C certification.
- Perform board level troubleshooting and development.
- Collaborate with other Transdigm business units on projects, as necessary.
- Communicate with customers for design reviews, status updates, etc.
- Author and defend, via the SOI audit process, DO-178C artifact documents.
- Limited travel (up to 10%) may be necessary.
The successful candidate will have a background which includes the following demonstrable experience, skills and education:
- B.S. in Computer Science or EE required; M.S. preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of related design experience in embedded systems design
- Strong understanding of the DO-178C development processes and supporting artifacts
- Ability to develop software in C programming language, and other languages as required
- Ability to author requirements and design artifact documents
- Proficiency in software engineering tools such as DOORs, Bugzilla, JIRA, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with Electrical Engineers in the definition, development, and test of embedded systems.