The primary purpose of this position is to integrate and deliver a wide range of technology solutions to clients. This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete project responsibilities on time and on budget, resulting in high customer satisfaction. This position may also provide guidance and technical leadership to account teams and clients, positioning technical solutions to provide business solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical expertise in the analysis of client s requirements and objectives to develop IT services offerings that provide significant value to the geography, which also includes recommending solutions and assisting account teams with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations. Supports engagements across multiple geographies
- Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots cloud-based solutions, including but not limited to enterprise-level AWS or Azure services.
- Assesses client workloads and technology landscape for cloud suitability
- Develops business cases and cloud adoption roadmaps
- Defines migration strategy to move workflows to cloud
- Designs the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instances, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc.
- Designs the AWS or Azure network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets.
- Designs HA / DR cloud strategies.
- Design and deploy Data Center Networks utilizing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Create Design, Implementation and Acceptance Testing Plan documentation
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor. Serves as a collaborative support across internal teams and clients when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties.
- Provides technical consultation with the account team to understand and contribute to Sirius technology and service offerings, and to align those offerings with client business requirements
- Conducts advanced and complex engineering - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of assigned complex projects including developing short and long-range goals, objectives, and budgets. Coordinates activities with other departments and agencies, oversees records maintenance, monitors budgets, approves and monitors expenditures, oversees reporting requirements, evaluates program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness. Ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input
- Works with Services management to assess the amount of effort required for services engagements and provide input for the Scopes/Statement of Work generation
- Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral
- Performs peer review of overall solution and quality inspection of tasks and deliverables from other team members for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables and technical content before distribution to the customer
- Development of project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects.
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions; transferring technical skills and knowledge to client through work logs.
- Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
- Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
- Reviews bill of materials (BOM), statements of work, sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist with developing standards for all deliverables for our practice and across service practices
- Provides expert advice/counsel on technical subject matters and architecture design to Customers, the Infrastructure Solutions Team and other Extended Sirius Teams. Recognized by customer, peers, management as SME expert.
- Ensures scheduling accuracy and complies will all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Adheres to and remains mindful of project profitability
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in a specified Sirius practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure/Storage, Cloud, etc.), including five (5) years work experience in an engineer, architect, lead developer or similar role to include all of the following:
- Experience specific to AWS or Microsoft Azure Platform
- Experience providing Architecture leadership around the AWS or Azure Platform, being involved in the full life cycle from need to adoption.
- Experience with Route/Switch Networking Solutions
- Experience with Virtualization platforms, such as Vmware or Citrix
- Experience with SDN controllers
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and security solutions and strategies
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience with protocol stack that includes skills in layer 2/3
- Network design experience, to include demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to design and architect various types of infrastructure solutions
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced installation and configuration services
- Demonstrated knowledge of vendor supplied brands
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for infrastructure solutions team
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction on all engagements
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Professional
- Microsoft MCSE Cloud Platform Infrastructure
- Cisco Certified CCNP or higher certification
- Cisco ACI/SDx training/experience
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or higher certification
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Technical pre-sales support experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers a nd as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Engineer levels, plus the following:
Manages Complexity - Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options .
Plans & Aligns - Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions. Stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules. Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans.
Organizational Savvy - Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Knows who has power, respect, and influence. Steers through the organizational maze to get things done .
Optimizes Work Processes - Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow. Designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.