Electronics Engineering Technician - Towson, MDMake Your Mark. Shape Your Future.Who We Are
We're the World's largest toolcompany. We design and develop the tools that are used to change the world every day here in our Engineering headquarters in Towson, Maryland. Our design teams are involved with every step of the process bringing these world class products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new needs, designing and prototyping tools to ensurewe meet our customers high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our engineers own every aspect of the process along the way.Who You Are
An Engineering Technician with hands-on experience in electronic circuits and has the ability to bring ideas to life. You have demonstrated that you can operate and deliver in a fast paced environment. You are looking for a role where you can make an immediate and lasting impact on products and end users. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. What You'll Do
As an Engineering Technicianyou'll be part of our Power Tools group located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
You'll also have:
- Prototype, assemble, and test electronic controls and circuit boards.
- Perform thermal testing of electronic assemblies.
- Graph and provide basic analysis of test data.
- Document new test procedures; follow and report test plan results.
- Utilize available resources effectively.
- Effectively communicate status of active programs.
What You'll Receive
- Associate's degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or similar Technical Field.
- 1-5 years experience in Electronics Technician or related position required.
- Experience with Printed CircuitBoard (PCB) assembly, surface mount soldering, and electronics prototyping.
- Ability to read and interpretdesigns/schematics and troubleshoot circuit problems including failure analysis.
- Proficient with multimeters, power supplies, and multi-channel oscilloscopes.
- Capable of analyzing data and graphing results.
- Understanding of power tools, motor drives, controllers, and general mechanical principles a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-delegate tasks from several Engineers.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.