Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
VCE leads the industry by offering an unmatched portfolio of converged infrastructure and hyper-converged infrastructure platforms, trusted by over 1,000 businesses and enterprise organizations around the globe to power their IT initiatives.
| GENERAL SUMMARY |
|Applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve standard to highly complex customer issues. Customer issues may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from Customers, Partners, Customer Engineers, remote maintenance calls, Chat and Web Support Calls. Accepts escalations requests from other technical team members as the subject matter expert. Uses knowledge gained from prior job related experience to independently determine service level severity and assess when and how to escalate to other resources within the organization. Works closely with engineering and cross functional team in resolving customer issues. Identifies, develops and implements problem resolutions and follows standard practices and procedures. Acts as a remote customer advocate for selected accounts. Identify and document with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. Will be expected to develop and participate in solutions training and problem resolutions skills development. Develops broad knowledge of the organization's mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day issues. |
| PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve standard to complex level issues; identifies documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources. Recommends and utilizes standard internal and external diagnostic test equipment and product trace and logging procedures; provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other EMC Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases. Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; leads efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues. Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution databases; may have senior level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned product and skills.
- Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes; identifies reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Remote technical support departments. Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment through a variety of mediums.
- Act as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs for code currency, reporting and product knowledge in collaboration with field teams. Understands and leverages technical communication structure; may be asked to participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings.
- Will participate in the creation and maintenance of eService applications such as: Chat, Knowledge-base content, Support Forums, etc. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database. Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities; may be required as well as occasional travel to customer sites. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
| SKILLS |
- Strong background in IT Networking
- Familiarity with vSAN (VMWare Product)
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Experience with FC, iSCSI and clustering technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with backup and recovery tools
- Vendor management skills.
|Bachelors (Technical) |
| Experience Required: ||4+ years relevant experience |
| Physical Requirements: ||No |
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.