Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking Senior Exterior Trim Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for designing and developing parts of the exterior systems of a world class vehicle in terms of both styling and function. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead or play a leading role in the packaging, engineering design, release and launch of exterior trims of a state-of-the-art car
- Create cutting edge exterior systems focusing on quality, reliability, functionality, mass and cost efficiency
- Work interactively within a cross functional studio and vehicle engineering team, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Employ and develop world class engineering tools and an innovative approach to support the systems generation
- 5+ years of experience in vehicle exterior trim design & development This includes design related experience with at least some of the following areas:
- o Fascias
- o Side valences
- o Sill trims
- o Underbody aero shields
- o Wheelhouse linerso Spoilers / Appliques
- o "Frunk" / "Froot"
- o Rocker panels
- A flair for creative engineering and 3D problem solving
- Proven experience creating complex CAD schemes and models to an excellent standard, preferably using CATIA V5 or V6
- Proven experience with thermoplastic & thermoset resin materials and class A manufacturing technologies (including painting)
- A good understanding of the range of computational tools available to design engineers
- Launch experience
- Five or more years of experience with plastics design, Class A surfaces, front crash, aero features, lighting integration, module integration, tooling, resins, supply base, fit and finish, gap and flush, module concept, thermal expansion, structural design, paint (matching).
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- A great work ethic
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.