Headquartered in Atlanta, GreenSky is among the top 3 most valuable U.S. financial technology companies established since 2000, and our $1.0 billion Initial Public Offering marked the largest U.S. Technology IPO of 2018. Our mission is simple. We power commerce. Our highly scalable, proprietary technology platform enables over 12,000 merchants to offer frictionless promotional payment options to consumers at the point-of-sale, driving increased sales volume and accelerated cash flow. Our bank partners leverage GreenSky's technology to provide loans to super-prime and prime consumers nationwide. Since our inception, over 1.7 million consumers have financed over $12 billion of commerce using our paperless, real time "apply and buy" technology. For more information, please visithttps://www.greensky.com.
Key responsibilities will include:
Support the Director of Financial Reporting with annual, quarterly, current and adhoc financial statements, ensuring they are prepared and filed on a timely and accurate basis and in accordance with U.S. GAAP and other filing requirements.
* Draft financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
* Prepare supporting workpapers and tie outs for information disclosed within financial statements
* Complete disclosure checklists and research disclosure treatment of new transactions
* Serve as lead point of contact for external auditors
* Support the Director of Accounting Policy and Disclosure with research and preparation of quarterly,annual and adhoc accounting policy memos
* Research accounting treatment of new transactions, interpret relevant GAAP guidance and document accounting and disclosure conclusions in a policy memo
* Update quarterly memos for certain key accounting areas, including revenue recognition, leases,debt, loan receivables held for sale, servicing assets and liabilities, etc.
* Stay abreast of new accounting pronouncements, analyzing each for its relevance to, and impact on, the Company's financial condition and results of operations
Experience and Skills:
* Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, either in financial reporting or auditing of public companies. Big 4 audit experience preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Detail oriented
* Team player - willing to work on a variety of tasks and assignments
* Comfortable utilizing MS Excel to complete a variety of tasks
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
* CPA certification or actively working towards certification
We strongly encourage Armed Forces Veterans to apply
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Level of Education: BA/BS
Date Updated: July 26, 2018
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Starting Date: ASAP