Paragon Technology and Development, Inc. is a leader in the eCommerce technology field focusing upon digital content storage, distribution and streaming. We are a passionate and dedicated team committed to expanding the useful development of applicable technologies for today and far into tomorrow.
We offer an exceptional compensation package consisting of a base salary of $100-140K depending on the candidate, BCBS Platinum Healthcare, Vision and Dental along with a 401K plan with corporate matching and PTO.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working/development primarily on the frontend (React.js/Redux) with knowledge and fundamental understanding of the Node.js AWS Lambda functions and architecture of the back end as well as MySQL database.
- Development based on weekly sprint cycle meetings with the team to keep track of progress and ensure deliverables by estimated completion dates.
- Development and structure will need to follow proven industry standard approaches, with minimal custom/personal preference on the development side, to ensure easy and consistent work from all developers.
What You'll Need
Experience in the following disciplines and technologies is required:
- Redux & Thunk
- React Component Architecture
- TypeScript (will be using strict settings)
- Unit Testing (Mocha/Chai) 70%+ code coverage
- Code Reviews
- Agile Software Methodology
- Scrum Master / Sprint Review Meetings
- API Integration
Fundamental understanding of the following disciplines and technologies is required:
- Socket.io (or equivalent)
- JWT (or equivalent)
- AWS Lambda functions
- AWS Lambda architecture
- AWS Deployment and Configuration/Setup
- MySQL Database Structure
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to write custom macros to optimize the workflow (as needed).
- Must be well-versed in database administration, performance, and index optimization.
- Besides functional programming and OOP, the ability to work with various programming languages including strongly typed languages.
- Ability to brainstorm the right technological solutions to complex problems. They take charge of the team, coordinating its workflow to consistently produce business value.
- Ability to provide guidance to the team.
- Ability to put the team first and are always trying to figure out what they can do to help the members. They have good soft skills while balancing between the client and the team.
- Ability to help developers see the final goal the problems that the finished application must solve. A long-term vision is a crucial point in bringing value to the end-user.
Paragon Technology and Development is looking to fill key roles for their new Hollywood CA onsite development team which will drive the development for their newly designed v2 flagship website. The team will continue to build new projects post v2 as new opportunities are identified and explored.
About Paragon Technology and Development
We firmly believe our success stems from the desire to empower our teammates to believe anything is possible and deliver exceptional results. As Steve Jobs once said, ...while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. Today Paragon Technology and Development, Inc. is responsible for managing, maintaining and expanding one of the fastest emerging lifestyle brands in the world. We have achieved record growth in our initial 5-years of business and are looking for dedicated, self-motivated and creative individuals to take us to the next level.
Hollywood, CA, 90028