Sr. Software Engineer (Python) - Data and Analytics, Applications
Can be based in MA, NY, or NJ
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon-s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world-s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
We are leveraging our Business Applications to provide clients insights and analytics (e.g., pre/post trade performance and risk, investor analytics, custom indices). For this initiative, we are seeking Full-Stack Software Engineers of all levels to join our Scrum teams and focus on creating cloud-based solutions in the AI, Big Data, and Machine Learning space.
• You have development experience using Python and Java
• Understand database structure and connectivity with Python - using ORM and other techniques for performant data management
• Comfortable with REST based API interfaces
• Role will require extensive use of publish/subscribe, loosely coupled, asynchronous, queue based architectures, awareness is helpful
• Deep knowledge of securities, classifications, positions and transactions is a plus
• Investment industry knowledge is a plus
• Needs to have worked in Agile, automated code assessment and extremely comfortable with TDD at 100% coverage requirements
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.