BNY Mellon, Data and Analytics Solutions
Full-Stack Java Engineer, Data Vault Acquisition
Can be based in NY, NJ, or MA
Join a team that is engineering focused and committed to provide a highly client-centric, public- and private-cloud-based data management solution.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is looking for a passionate developer to help in designing and building next generation Data management platform. As a senior software engineer in Vault team, you will work on solving some of the interesting and complex problems faced by fintech companies on managing their data and making it seamlessly available to their end customers.
The role requires you to be a self-starter who enjoy working with smart engineers and business teams and solve some complex problems like building a multi-tenant system that is capable of securely ingesting data from different data sources both real time and batch mode without compromising on the scaling capabilities.
What You Will Do
• Within an Agile environment, follow the team-s architecture and development guideline, own the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of API services written primarily in Java or Python, with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in Azure.
• Work with your team on design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with BNY Mellon-s engineering strategy.
• Own the code. You will be entrusted to bring forth unique/innovative solutions to challenging problems and own them from ideation through implementation.
• Work with Product Management, User Experience and clients to understand requirements and drive feature development
• Care about agility and scalability - we work in a CI/CD environment and roll out products very quickly and we are building teams that can pivot quickly.
• Collaborate with engineering leads across the Data and Analytics solutions to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality as well as enhancements
You will be Successful If You:
• Strong technical credentials and deep hands-on technical expertise building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to the customers.
• Design code that can be changed/refactored easily. This includes not only a design that allows for it but the unit tests to prove nothing will break
• Have experience in multiple languages and can articulate what you like/don-t like about them
• Have experience with distributed and big data computing technologies and Platforms
• Understand the importance of tests and CI/CD pipelines, SaaS technologies, and public cloud providers such as Azure or AWS.
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon-s 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world-s largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
BNY Mellon is singularly focused on serving our clients-it-s one of the things that differentiates us as a company and a culture. Technology is critical to that mission-making our clients more efficient, and protecting them and the global markets in which they operate with world-class risk management and resiliency.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 5-7 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting front end and backe end development required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.