Infotainment Application Software Engineer - Android
We are seeking an ambitious and creative software engineer who will contribute to the development of new Telematics/Infotainment applications that are downloaded directly to in-vehicle infotainment systems. As a member of the application delivery team, this individual will work hand in hand with stakeholders and other engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop, and deliver ground breaking applications that re-define the driving experience.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for application development and support including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging leveraging the Scrum framework. This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will assume a lead role for various practices and decisions.
This person will…
- Test-drive code
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Pair program with different people in many situations
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
- Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
- BS in Computer Science or other field of study along with applicable work experience
- Experience with Android UI design (including custom views)
- Experience writing Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP)
- Experience with Android Activities and Fragments
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
- Firm understanding of Intents, ContentProviders, Services, BroadcastReceivers, AsyncTask, Handlers and AIDL.
- Experience with SQL Lite on Android
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience using source code control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Must have the desire to be a people leader
- Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
- Experience as developer on App(s) publicly available in the Google Play App Market
- Experience with native Android UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolutions, resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP practices such as test driven development and pair programming
- Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines
- Experience with mapping and search providers
- Experience with other Google APIs (licensing, in-app billing, etc)
- Experience developing Android Widgets
- Experience with Bluetooth, NFC, Location and/or Accelerometer; other sensors
- Experience with Internationalization and Localization
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering the Right Talent at the Right Time for over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We’re doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First “Fast 50” award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Opportunities, or get there directly at: http://tinyurl.com/z6r74up
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp