You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte. About Us We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals. About You
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work. The Role
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. Senior Software Developer will be responsible for advanced and predictive data analytics from complex and high value projects using big data and data science technology for healthcare innovation and outcomes. As a Software Developer you will:
•Design, code and test client/server system components using Microsoft Visual Basic, SQL Server and related tools.Gather and document system requirements.
•Design, build and test applications
•Responsible for leading the development and design of front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside UI/UX for web design features
•Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
•Leads front end architecture and development of back-end web applications
•Leads cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
•Design and development of Micro-Services and APIs
•Responsible for keeping up with new trends and helping other developers grow Additionally you'll bring:
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Associate's degree in Information Technology, related field or equivalent.
- Experience and familiarity with design, repository, story, and backlog management tools and resources, ideally with Jira & Confluence.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Experience with Transact-SQL, complex stored procedures, data warehouse, importing/exporting data, and reporting tools.
- Experience in high-growth, forward-thinking, bold, and innovative environment
- A data-driven approach to decision making that leads to increased operational effectiveness & efficiencies
- Experience in native mobile development (Android/iOS) is a plus
- Strong experience with database technology: Oracle and MongoDB
- Excellent communication with servant leadership mentality
- Experience working in heavily regulated Industries. Healthcare preferred.