TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology's FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA Science and Technology is seeking a Sr. Full Stack Developer to join our growing team.
- Design and develop scalable web applications with rich and modern user experiences
- Work with engineering team to investigate design approaches as well as evaluate new technology and technical feasibility
- Maintain central databases, ensure high performance, respond to requests from the front-end
- Collaborate with engineering team to forecast functionality that will be developed during each sprint
- Write high-quality and reusable production code
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Optimize applications to ensure high performance
- Implement comprehensive security and data protection
- 3+ years of professional production experience with React.js, Express.js, Node.js or similar frameworks
- 3+ years of professional production development experience with leading-edge server and database technologies (e.g., React.js, Express.js, Node.js, MySQL, and NoSQL databases
- Experience with professional production cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience with RESTful Services and APIs
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience working on a cross-functional Scrum team
- Strong understanding of development best practices (e.g., coding standards/reviews, testing operations)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Experience using issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to obtain a government clearance
- Rockville, MD and/or remote
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.