Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Job Summary
Claim Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' digital transformation journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We deliver, implement and administer technology solutions that enable all Claim employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company's customers.
* Are you comfortable working with product managers, designers, and business partners to deliver high quality, reliable and maintainable software.
* Have the desire to work on a team to improve on what we're doing right and fix what might not be going as well.
* Want to join a team dedicated to the happiness of our customers.
Then, Claim Technology is the place for you!
* Is dedicated to enabling our technology systems to be as intuitive, delightful, automated, and resilient as our customers expect them to be.
* Is an agile team charted to create the tools that help our employees do their best work and our customers easily interface with Travelers throughout the claim process.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Manages the strategic plans and tactical activities for assigned information systems and business unit systems projects. Acts as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies leveraging technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives. Responsibilities include performing complex analysis, expert level design, configuration and programming functions for impactful and visible projects. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents. Contributes to staffing and project plan estimations in collaboration with the project manager and other key stakeholders. Assesses the technical viability of projects and objectives. Acts as a technology advocate and independently seeks opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business. Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise ensuring the best use of resources. Provides technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources. Manages the effective use of line of business resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives, and/or problem resolution. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects. Ensures project team's work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols. Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, and five years of programming/development experience.Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
7 years of programming/development experience preferred. Experience as a technical lead preferred.Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
As an Engineer in Claim Technology, you will be a part of one of our agile teams responsible for building, testing, deploying and maintaining solutions to serve a variety of exciting business objectives. Engineers are expected to work across the stack, use a variety of technologies, like .NET, C#, Angular, React, and NodeJS as well as automated unit testing frameworks like NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine and Jest. Engineers work closely with their Product Owner to define technical solutions that provide business value to Travelers' customers, Agents, and Claim Handlers. Engineers are responsible for utilizing DevOps capabilities for continuous integration and deployment to Amazon and PCF cloud platforms. In addition to an extensive catalog of technical courses offered by Travelers, team members have many opportunities for hands-on learning and innovation through pair-programming, innovation sprints, hackathons and code jams.
- 10+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
- Expert in HTML5 and CSS
- Expert in .NET/C#/VB Frameworks and design patterns
- Expert in writing automated unit, UI, and End-to-End tests (NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, Selenium, etc.)
- Expert in designing and developing web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP
- Advanced experience with ExpressJS, React, and Angular
- Extensive Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and configuration management tools
- Experience developing with Secure Coding Practices
- Experience with Cloud Computing concepts (AWS,Azure,etc.)
- Experience with coaching and developing team members on technical ability and business acumen
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.