The Aroghia Group is an information technology firm providing cutting-edge IT and data analytics solutions, consulting, training, and staff augmentation for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies across the US. For nearly two decades we have been committed to helping our clients achieve their goals through innovation, collaboration, and deep expertise. Please visit our website to see all of our open positions. http://careers.aroghia.com
Position: Sr. Hadoop Developer
Location: Portland, Oregon
Duration: Min 1 year
As a Sr. Hadoop developer, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and be a driving force for building solutions. You will work on development projects related to consumer behavior, commerce, and web analytics.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Must be able to design and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
- Research, evaluate, and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space.
- Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies.
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
- Work with teams to resolve operational & performance issues.
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in large-scale software development
- 1+ year experience in Hadoop
- Experience with Python, shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Strong understanding of Hadoop internals
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Ability to understand ERDs and relational database schemas
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Experience with open source NoSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with databases like Oracle
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms, and computational complexity
- Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and ETL development
- Experience with messaging and complex event processing systems such as Kafka and Storm
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Machine learning frameworks
- Statistical analysis with Python, R, or similar
Aroghia Group provides top market compensation, H1B transfers, Green Card processing, and a great company culture. Please provide your resume, availability, requested pay rate, LinkedIn profile address, and phone number, and Skype/video call information when applying.
Aroghia Group has established a solid reputation in the marketplace by providing our employees with outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth. Some additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- We are a preferred IT vendor for top-notch companies in a wide range of industries across the U.S.
- Aroghia offers various compensation structures (hourly, salary) based on qualifications and market demand.
- We provide continuous training and development to ensure our team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
Open Positions: http://careers.aroghia.com