We are looking for a Principal IT Business Analyst. This is a six (6) months contract to hire position in Raleigh, North Carolina with our client. In this role you will be working on software development projects, which includes: meeting with business users to elicit and refine requirements, authoring user stories, and working closely with scrum masters, software architects, software developers, and quality engineers to deliver the optimal solution. You will be working in a global team environment to build and optimize complex, custom software applications.
Responsibilities as a Principal IT Business Analyst:
- Document business needs, issues and challenges using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources.
- Translate non-technical requirements into technical business requirements for moderate to complex software solutions.
- Proactively research best practices and aligns solutions accordingly.
- Participate in design sessions and provides input for moderate to complex software solutions.
- Lead project team and liaise between users, development, quality assurance, architects, and third-party vendors
- Represent the Business Analysis team internally and externally to continuously improve IT processes.
Requirements for Principal IT Business Analyst:
- 10+ years of Business Analysis / requirements gathering experience.
- Experience working on custom of the shelf (COTS) software implementation projects.
- 4+ years of experience working with scrum-based agile methodologies.
- Skilled in performing Product Owner responsibilities and being accountable for user satisfaction.
- Team-player, team-first attitude.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective time management skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working in a FDA-regulated environment such as Pharma, Biotech,CRO or Life Sciences industry.